Continuing the technical stuff and I think it may be enough for now. I made some GUI’s, modal pause menu (with just a “save and quit” yes/no message, but that should be more than enough for this project), and a save/continue system that can persist which scene / Fungus block the player was. Oh, and I’ve also fixed Fungus a little bit, so it requires to actually click on the continue icon in the dialog to continue, rather than catch clicks on the whole screen. That took most of the time to be honest and I think I might change it again so it works on the whole dialog box.
It took a good while, but I’ve learned quite a lot about Unity in the process, so from now on I can continue working on graphics and story, which, unfortunately, got quite neglected.